Universalis

Sunday, September 01, 2002

The trials of obedience

Just arrived home from the Cathedral, where Archbishop Dolan is continuing the tradition of celebrating the "Radio Mass" each Sunday in the Cathedral. [The Radio Mass has been nearly forever, but the tradition of it being the bishop's Mass was begun in 1977 when Archbishop Weakland came.] There was a social after Mass, so we could all meet the new archbishop.

But I have to be obedient to those in authority over me, and that includes obedience to the Transit Express driver. I was nowhere near the front of the line when the Transit Express guy arrived to take me away, and he was only 3 minutes early, so I had to be obedient and leave. Oh well, maybe next week at the Cousins Center Mass and picnic.......

And he's still eutrapeliac, it wasn't just the celebration doing it; thanks to Dylan of error503 for that very accurate and exact word.
.

No comments: