Universalis

Monday, September 26, 2005

General update just because it's been a while

I really do hope to get back in the swing of things very soon.

I've been very obedient about that leg elevation order --- which means I've been spending lots of time reading books (real print-on-pulped-wood books) in bed (the only place in my house it's possible to get my legs higher than my torso) far away from the computer (which will be replaced by a laptop the next time it dies!) And I've also been spending a lot of time sitting out in the yard before the snow season starts and sitting outside stops.

And, I finally got the written referral for physical therapy --- for which I'd campaigned for almost three years --- and I started last week Monday. New exercises, special massages that are supposed to stimulate the lymphatic system, and multilayer tight bandages on both legs, which, odd as it may seem, actually make the legs feel good while they put the squeeze on the bloat. A couple of my tenants are helping me redo the bandages in between therapy visits, and the tape measure of the PT testifies that my legs are actually starting to shrink! Hooray!

However, exercising, being in bed with my feet up, going to the rehab clinic several times a week, and so on is putting a crimp both in computer time and in suitable inspiration --- I doubt you all hang around here to listen to my medical tales (siblings exempted) but at least you know that I have not fallen off the face of the earth and that I hope to get this virtual space shaped up again soon. Thanks for your prayers.
.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Glad to see you posting again! I hope you've enjoyed your reading time, it's a silver lining!