Universalis

Friday, June 07, 2002

From today's Liturgy of Hours:

at morning prayer: Jeremiah 31

This is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

and at the office of readings: Romans 8

Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Trial, or distress, or persecution, or hunger, or nakedness, or danger, or a sword? As Scripture says: "For your sake we are being slain all the day long; we are looked upon as sheep to be slaughtered." Yet in all this we are more than conquerers because of him who has loved us. For I am certain that neither life nor death, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor powers, neither height nor depth nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God that comes to us in Christ Jesus, our Lord.

Come, Lord Jesus, whose covenant fidelity is forever!
.

No comments: