Universalis

Wednesday, January 01, 2003

...to be in the hands of the Living God....

At a group blog called Connexions, Bene Diction posted a meditation. Since I can't figure out how to link to that specific item, I'm importing it over here.

Says Bene Diction:

Has God ever frightened you?
Have you ever been blown into the path of His Power and Might in a way that stops the world?

God is scaring me.

I don't 'serve' God with fuzzy feelings.
My conversion experience wasn't emotional.
I rarely 'feel' Him.
I serve Him because of Who He is.
Every once in awhile, rarely, He reveals Himself in ways that goes so far beyond my knowing or understanding I cannot comprehend what is happening. I cannot handle my humaness before Him. I only know I am in the presence of Holiness so terrible, so gripping, so complete, I am lost. I am found.

God and I wrestled a few weeks ago. He wanted me to let go of something. I didn't want to. Really? And just who am I to wrestle with God?
To make a long story short, God won.
I was not thrilled about it.
A lot has happened since.
I was praying for a blogger today.
And God entered the room. Just. Like. That.
He saw my heart and I cried out:

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of a Living God.
I just went to spend time in the Word. I'm still shaking. I've been pierced. I've been blinded. The scripture:
Psalm 139
Around me is this swell of laughter. Universal peels of Joy.

My favorite hymn is O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go

I cannot speak before this.
I know Richard is the minister here. He does the scripture reading and the teaching and the hymns.
He can take over. I don't know what to do.

God is scaring me.

.

No comments: