Universalis

Sunday, February 16, 2003

If you could canonize anyone....

Lots of folk around St. Blog's are posting on their 5 (or 10) favorite saints. There are so many that I don't know how I could shrink a list of the already-canonized to so few, unless the list changed hour to hour, day to day.

But, I'd like to propose another similar question that may not be so overwhelming.

If you were the Pope (or a Patriarch of an Eastern Church, or a leader of the Lambeth Conference, etc, I don't want to eliminate my non-Catholic commentators!), and you could canonize/glorify/add a remembrance to the "Lesser Feasts"/whatever any heroically virtuous people you wanted, who would you raise up? A little info on why also appreciated.

I've got a little list, but I'll wait a day or two to give it. Until then, be welcome to fill up the comments box. Also, let me know in the box if you post on this one on your own blog, I'd love to see.

Thanks to Gerard Serafin, who, about five years ago, asked this same question on one of the listservs.
.

No comments: