Universalis

Monday, September 29, 2003

from one of the listservs I frequent:
a prayer for humility and integrity

Lord God, You know what I am.
Give me the courage to face the truth about myself,
to recognize my failures,
to know my inadequacies,
to understand my weaknesses.

Keep me from pride and deceit.
Do not permit me to make my life counterfeit
or to hide behind some cheap pretense.

In the crucified Christ let me see
the depth of my sin,
the grossness of my selfishness,
and the judgment of death I deserve.
In the risen Christ let me see
the new life You give me by Your grace,
experiencing the deliverance from my old self
and the freedom to live for You.
With the mind of Christ ruling me,
let me be honest with You,
with myself,
and with all men.

In the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

.

No comments: