Universalis

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Resolutions

Nothing huge that I'll set myself up to fail with ---- no "my blood sugar will never rise above 180" or "I will be 50 lbs lighter by my birthday" ---- just a few little ones I'm pretty sure I can keep, and not be repenting their failure by Lent.

I will do my physical therapy exercises every day without fail.

Every caloric thing I eat will be written in the diabetes diary promptly. It is possible to fool the doctor and the dietitian, but not the blood sugar monitor! I will continue to learn the controlled carbohydrate meal plan and the rest of the arts and sciences of diabetic living, and to do them.

I will not tough it out when I get sick, but will call the doctor and present myself in the emergency room or outpatient clinic without delay.

I think these are plenty for this year!
.

2 comments:

John Burzynski said...

Karen:

Blessings and the best of health to you this New Year.

The little resolutions can be built on to achieve even bigger goals...health and otherwise.



just a few little ones I'm pretty sure I can keep, and not be repenting their failure by Lent.
And that is one funny line!

Christopher Blosser said...

Happy New Year, Karen -- God grant you discipline and resolve in meeting your resolutions. God bless, Christopher