Universalis

Saturday, July 30, 2005

1013 non-spam emails, one huge sack of postal mail

one surgery and a catheter bag later, I'm back. Just can't get gotten rid of quite that easily.

Had an ache last Saturday evening so I cancelled my ride to church and went to the emergency room instead, on the principle that if you show up early enough, they won't keep you. They kept me anyway. This time the boil was only ping-pong ball size (not football-sized like last time!). Dr. Anthony Linn my favorite surgeon did a little fancy carving Monday night, I had my last dose of vanco, an iv antibiotic, today at noontime, and I got to come home this evening. No hospitalizations for months on end, no total control institutions, but home sweet anchor hold! Guess that's the reward for turning myself in early this time, before I was systemically sick.......

I'll be a little slow on the pickup these next few days while I catch up with the email and the poatal mail, and stay offline a lot to keep the phone line open for the home health nurse. But I'll soon be back to the regular programming.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your reqular programming is pretty special. I'm glad you're okay, and back at the anchor hold.

Julie D. said...

Glad you're back! (also glad it was nothing worse, though that probably seemed bad enough.)

A Secular Franciscan said...

It's always good to be back home instead of in a hospital. Hope your recovery goes well.
I like your site and would miss it if you had to back off for too long!

StBlog said...

Karen, it's great that you're able to be home. No one can accuse you of not perservering!