Wednesday, January 25, 2006

ENCYCLICAL!!!!!

I haven't got it read through yet, but here it is: Pope Benedict's first Encyclical Letter, "Deus Caritas Est"

Enjoy! How long before we get the paper copies with the queries at the end of each section, as I fondly remember from my strangely-spent youth? {I still have my Rerum Novarum, Pacem in Terris, Humanae Vitae, and Populorum Progressio, and some others, from my jr.high and high school days; access to them was one of the things that kept me in religious ed....)
.

2 comments:

Mike, the Faithful Catholic said...

For your blog readers from Milwaukee, WI:
Sorry, a shameless plug...

To gain some more information about Pope Benedict XVI, and support one of the few worthy efforts of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, plan on attending a lecture hosted by Archbishop Timothy Dolan and given by His Eminence, Francis Cardinal George. The Cardinal will speak about the new Holy Father and, I am sure, the new encyclical.

Tuesday, January 31st, 2006
Archbishop Cousins Catholic Center
3501 S. Lake Drive
St. Francis, WI 53235

Vespers at 6:30pm
Greeting by Archbishop Dolan at 7:00pm
followed by lecture, Q & A, and a reception.

It looks to be fascinating. For more info see: http://www.archmil.org/news/ShowNews.asp?ID=2448

Thanks.
Check out my blog:
http://movingcatholic.blogspot.com/

Mike

Karen Marie said...

Small correction, dear Mike:

One of the many, many worthy efforts of the Church in Milwaukee, .....

I hope to make it (short of hospitalization or blizzard). Been waiting this for almost a year, since Cardinal George cancelled last spring; some wimpy excuse about having to run off to Rome [grin]. Watch for the round brunette lady with the oxygen tank....

karen marie