Universalis

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

ENCYCLICAL!!!!!

I haven't got it read through yet, but here it is: Pope Benedict's first Encyclical Letter, "Deus Caritas Est"

Enjoy! How long before we get the paper copies with the queries at the end of each section, as I fondly remember from my strangely-spent youth? {I still have my Rerum Novarum, Pacem in Terris, Humanae Vitae, and Populorum Progressio, and some others, from my jr.high and high school days; access to them was one of the things that kept me in religious ed....)
.

1 comment:

Karen Marie said...

Small correction, dear Mike:

One of the many, many worthy efforts of the Church in Milwaukee, .....

I hope to make it (short of hospitalization or blizzard). Been waiting this for almost a year, since Cardinal George cancelled last spring; some wimpy excuse about having to run off to Rome [grin]. Watch for the round brunette lady with the oxygen tank....

karen marie