Universalis

Friday, June 14, 2002

Abandonment ---posted while we hope the Holy Spirit works through Roberts' Rules

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me whatever you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you;
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me
and in all your creatures ----
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my spirit;
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I do love you, Lord,
and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my father.

(by Ven. Charles deFoucauld)

Abandonment. Letting God be God. Knowing that I do not and can not control things. I learn it more and more as I become less able and more dependent on others for my basic needs.

When Beverly and her boyfriend come over to take my laundry with theirs to the laundromat, I cannot control when or how they do it, or how quickly they bring it back to me, and it is even beyond my place to tell Bev over again that they ought to get married.....she already knows I believe that.

The EWTN feed has kept my prayer focused these past days. I can pray, but I have no control over what our bishops do or do not do. The Holy Spirit, long-term, protects the Holy Church, God is in charge of each of the bishops and of me, and all I can really do is trust that God knows what he is doing.

Lord, whatever comes, I trust in you.
.

No comments: